Data Security Solutions (DSS), LLC is an information security software company headquartered in Newark, Delaware that develops and markets solutions to combat data security threats. The company’s leadership team has years of experience in various information-intensive and regulated industries that require the highest levels of access security and data integrity.
dotAlert was developed while the company’s founders were working for a large financial institution. They found that the web application firewall they selected did an effective job blocking incoming attacks but fell far short on providing notifications or any effective method to block intrusions. As they researched available solutions, they found nothing automated and the cost for 24/7 human monitoring was far too expensive. dotAlert was developed to address these issues .
dotAlert® notifies you in real-time of security breach attempts... that’s powerful!
How it works
- dotAlert® integrates with leading web application firewall (WAF) solutions and constantly monitors log files to identify threat.
- While the firewall blocks the threat, those threats that meet user-defined criteria trigger immediate alerts via text and/or email to one or more individuals based on the type of threat.
- Alerts are generated by analyzing five dimensions: type of threat, severity, velocity/frequency, time of day/day of week, and role of each alert recipient.
- Alert settings can be fine-tuned to optimize the number and type of alerts that are sent, and notification rules include escalation settings that allow more severe threats to alert additional individuals.
- Each alert includes a link that, when clicked, immediately blocks the offending IP address.
- dotAlert® was designed to be affordable for small to mid-sized businesses.
- Other 24/7 security monitoring solutions staffed with human resources can cost as much as $2,500 per month.
Tom founded Cash Connect in January 2000 after serving as EVP and Chief Information Officer of WSFS Bank since 1996. Prior to joining WSFS Bank, he was a member of the leadership team at the MAC (now Star) ATM Network, managing the settlement, and monitoring client service and quality assurance functions for over 75,000 ATMs. Previously, he managed operations for the Green Machine ATM Network in Ohio and was Director of Operations and Technology at Ann Arbor Trust Company in Michigan. Tom attended Wayne State University and University of Michigan Graduate School of Business Administration.
Allan has been the Technology Director for Cash Connect since 2000. Allan is responsible for and helped develop the proprietary ATM Vault Cash Tracking System, CashTrack, along with data security, business continuity, and disaster recovery. Allan has a BS degree in Computer and Information Systems from the University of Delaware.
Director of Marketing and Strategic Planning
500 Creek View Road,
Newark, DE 19711 USA